Together We Build Fundraising Certificates
The Salvation Army Women's Ministries New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa has heard amazing stories of your fundraising for Together We Build - rebuilding three officers' quarters destroyed in the 2018 earthquake in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia.
On Sep 28th 2018, a 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck Palu, Indonesia, triggering a tsunami that killed 2000 and displaced more than 1.5 million. The Salvation Army (known locally as 'Bala Keselamatan') have been devastated by the loss of life, buildings and places of community.
The Women's Ministries' Together We Build project is aiming to raise $44,500 NZD by the end of the year - enough for three quarters to be rebuilt.
The stories keep rolling in about your creative fundraising ideas, and we're nearing the goal. We are even hoping to exceed our target! To thank your group and you, we have made you these freely printable certificates of recognition.
Together We Build certificates
Simply fill out your group's name and the amount raised, and celebrate together. We have three options:
- Together We Build Certificate - signed by Commissioner Yvonne Westrupp Territorial President of Women's Ministries, and Colonel Heather Rodwell Territorial Secretary of Women's Ministries
- Together We Build Certificate Home League Sign - signed by our Territorial WM leaders, with space and title for your Home League leader/s to sign
- Together We Build Certificate Group Leader Sign - signed by our Territorial WM leaders, with space and title for your Group Leader leader/s to sign
We know many of you meet under the ministry of incredible leaders, and wanted to have the option to honour your leadership also.
If you would like your Divisional or Regional Director of Women's Ministries to sign yours, contact them and they'll be happy to bless you this way!
Together We Build fundraising celebrations!
Corps and groups have hosted morning teas, collected funds at meetings, sold items at craft fairs and used their creative skills to raise awareness of the Together We Build project.
- Southern Division hosted a midwinter Christmas event and auction, with seven Corps represented. Amount raised: $1000
- The Western Women's Rally held at Sigatoka, Fiji had the women 'celebrating God with praise and worship, dance, prayers, singing and laughter'. Amount raised: $3545 FJD
- Porirua Corps hosted a fashion show using the local Family Store. Amount raised: $600
- Northern Division received emails from Major Liz Gainsford advertising 'Get a quarters for $10'. Liz's clever marketing technique was a way to point out that if every person donated $10, they could afford to build an entire quarters in Indonesia.
- Palmerston North hosted a stall at their women's conference 'Something Beautiful', to raise money and awareness of the project.
- Territorial Headquarters spent the month of June pledging to purchase tools on our 'Together We Build tool donation sheet'. Amount raised: $1302.50
On behalf of the Women's Ministries team all throughout the territory, and Central Sulawesi, Indonesia - we thank you for all you are doing so together we build a future.